Home :: Elocon
Elocon Medication - Uses & Side Effects
Generic Name: Mometasone furoate
MOMETASONE (Elocon®) is a corticosteroid. Mometasone medicine is used to treats skin problems that are produce by itching, redness, and swelling. Generic mometasone skin cream, ointment, and lotion are available. Mometasone is a topical steroid. It reduces the affect of chemicals in the body that may cause inflammation, redness, and swelling. Corticosteroids are medicines used for reducing inflammation. Inflammation of the skin occur due to irritation of the skin, and is caused by the release of various substances that are important in the immune system. These substances may cause blood vessels to widen, resulting in the irritated area becoming red, swollen, itchy and painful. When we will used mometasone medicine for the skin it reduce the inflammatory substances by acting inside the skin cells. By reducing inflammatory substances, we can reduces swelling, redness and itch.
- It should be apply once daily.
- Use should be limited to the least amount necessary. Use of steroids over a long period of time may interfere with growth and development.
Uses of Elocon
- Mometasone medicine is used to treat inflammation caused by a number of conditions may include allergic reactions, eczema, and psoriasis.
- Elocon is a corticosteroid used to reduce itching, redness, and swelling associated with many skin conditions.
- Elocon Lotion is also used on the scalp and hairy parts of the body.
- Elocon medicine should be used thinly and evenly to the affected area(s). Do not used to the other areas of the body that may cause to the other reactions.
Side Effects of Elocon
When you will used Elocon, the following side effects may occur. Side effects may include:
- Acne-like pimples
- allergic skin rash
- damaged skin
- excessive hairiness
- infected hair follicles
- infection of the skin
- light colored patches on skin
- prickly heat
- rash around the mouth
- skin atrophy and wasting
- softening of the skin
- stretch marks
- tingling or stinging
Warnings and precautions before taking Elocon:
- If corticosteroids are used long-term, on large areas of skin, raw skin, skin folds, or under airtight dressings (including nappies) they are absorbed into the body more. This increases the risk of local side effects such as skin thinning, and those on other parts of the body, such as a decrease in the production of natural hormones by the adrenal glands. For this reason, continuous, long-term use of this medicine should be avoided wherever possible, particularly in children and on large areas of skin. You should only use airtight dressings over the affected area if instructed by your doctor.
- It should be applied thinly and evenly to the affected area(s).
- Elocon medicine should not be used more than five days on the face or in children.
- Consult your doctor If you have any kind of skin infection before starting Elocon.
- Wash your hands properly after applying this medicine to avoid inadvertently transfering it to other areas.
- Avoid contact of this medicine with the eyes and the moist membranes lining the inside of certain parts of the body, eg mouth, nasal passages (mucous membranes). Rinse with cold water if accidental contact occurs.
Drug Interaction :-
If you will combine the Elocon with the other drugs, it may cause to the other effecrs or it can increased, decreased or altered the affect of Elocon. Drug interactions with the Elocon can result in an unwanted side effects or it can reduced the effect of Elocon when you are using. So, Do not start any drugs without talking to your doctor. Use our drug interaction checker to find out if your medicines interact with each other.
When you feel the overdose is suspected, Contact your doctor immediately. Symptoms of Cushing's syndrome may include:
- excessive hair growth
- high blood pressure
- humped upper back
- moon-faced appearance
- muscle weakness
- obese trunk
- stretch marks
- stunted growth (in children)
- susceptibility to bruising
- and infections
- wasted limbs