Tulsi is a well-known plant belonging to the Lamiaceae family. It is native to The indian subcontinent and widely grown in all of Southeast Asia. Tulsi has proven to be successful in defending our health from numerous heart, liver, skin, or kidney infections and ailments. As the house of the Hindus in India, Tulsi has a prominent significance in Ayurvedic medicine. iHindus hold it holy and are revered by almost everyone in the country. So, let’s explore some of the amazing health benefits of holy basil or tulsi.
Contains Several Beneficial Compounds
- Apigenin, which is a flavonoid that aids the body to eliminate waste at the cellular level
- Ursolic and rosmarinic acid, which are compounds with anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, and antioxidant properties
- Eugenol, which is a terpene that has pain relieving features
- Lutein, which is a carotenoid with antioxidant properties much beneficial for eye health
- Ocimumosides A and B, which are compounds that lower stress levels and bring proper balance in the neurotransmitters dopamine and serotonin levels
Major Health Advantages of Tulsi
Lower Anxiety Levels
Each and every component of the tulsi plant functions like an adaptogen. An adaptogen is a naturally occurring substance that allows the body to adjust to tension and encourages mental equilibrium. Tulsi is proven to boost strength in animals in the occurrence of extreme stress.
Fight against Infection
Tulsi has an amazing power to fight against various kinds of infection. After surgery, many individuals also use Tulsi to cure and secure their injuries. Tulsi enhances the breaking force, recovery time, and contracting of your injury. Breaking power relates to the amount of stress or pressure an injury may take until it splits.
Lower your Blood Sugar
Both sections of the Tulsi plant will help decrease your sugar levels if you do have prediabetes or type 2 diabetes. It has been shown in human and animal studies that Tulsi can actually mitigate diabetic problems that include high cholesterol, hypertension, weight gain, and hyperinsulinemia.
The symptoms of ulcers can be counteracted by Tulsi. It spontaneously enhances the safety of your abdomen, especially the stomach, by:
- Reducing acid in the stomach
- The increased production of mucus
- Growing cells of the mucus
- Life Extension of Mucus Cells
There are much more benefits of Tulsi than what is mentioned here such as lowering cholesterol, lowerting arthritic pains, protecting skins from burns, rashes, or acne, and whatnot. But, what’s important is to consult any specialist to see if the plant is suitable for your body or if you are allergic to it or not.