Dairy products are a collection of food made or contain the milk of different mammals like cows, buffalo, goats, sheep, horses etc. These dairy products are usually consumed by almost everyone. There are different types of kinds of milk-based on fat contents, namely Skimmed milk, whole milk, Scalded milk, Condensed milk, Evaporated milk, Powdered milk, Butter milk etc. There are some main products of milk as follows, which are further processed to produce another product.
• Fermented milk
There are many nutrients and health benefits from these dairy products. The benefits of dairy products changes with the type of dairy product like some contain more fats and some no fat.
• Calcium in milk helps build and maintain bones and teeth.
• Potassium in milk product helps in blood pressure and also helps in regulating fluid balance.
• Vitamin A helps in promoting good vision and healthy skin.
• Riboflavin in milk helps in metabolism, red blood cell production and support body growth.
• Phosphorus in milk helps in keeping bone healthy.
• Vitamin D helps maintain proper levels of calcium and phosphorous.
• Niacin helps in promoting circulation.
• It is proved in research that calcium can also help in weight regulation.
• This also contains vitamin B12,zinc,magnesium,selenium etc
Effects of dairy products on diabetes
Diabetes is a group of diseases which are associated with abnormally high sugar levels in the blood. This diabetes is of different types, namely type 2, type 1, prediabetes etc. But the standard part is elevated glucose levels in the blood. There is some effect on diabetes condition due to consuming a dairy product, and these effects are based on type o dairy product consumption.
• Whole fat dairy products such as milk, cheese etc. intake can lower the risk of type 2 diabetes.
• A study suggested that Yogurt and cheese with high fats can reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes up to 12%.
• Milk with abundant calcium and vitamin is good because of people with diabetes likely to have bone fractures.
• Prediabetes risk can be decreased by intake of a moderate amount of dairy products.
Effects of dairy products on hypertension
Hypertension is an illness where blood pressure rises abnormally. Hypertension may cause cardiovascular disease, which may be prevented by controlling blood pressure. Dairy product consumption has a positive effect on hypertension. A study stated that at least two serving of dairy products could lower the risk of hypertension up to 12%.a research resulted that dairy products like Yogurt, cheese and milk mainly of whole milk consumption can reduce the development of hypertension.
Now-a-day dairy products become standard part in everyone’s diet. By choosing the correct and better type of diary product can give many benefits to the body. One should know that hypertension may lead to diabetes, or diabetes may lead to hypertension. But it can be prevented or controlled in the initial stage or prevent it better diet plan.